Sunday, September 12, 2010

Roy Hodgson to stay at Fulham subsequent deteriorate Fulham

Neil Gardner & ,}

Roy Hodgson, the Fulham manager, looks set to stay at Craven Cottage subsequent season notwithstanding seductiveness from bigger clubs.

The 62-year-old Hodgson has drawn plaudits for his mutation of Fulham from relegation contenders to European finalists and was declared League Manager of the year this week.

He guided Fulham to a jot down high of seventh place last deteriorate and his success has led to conjecture joining him with a move to reinstate Rafael Benitez at Liverpool and even as a probable inheritor to Fabio Capello, the England coach.

But vocalization after the 2-1 Europa League better by Atletico Madrid in Hamburg last night, he said: I have never since my destiny a moments thought. I have been committed all the time I have been with the club. I still have a contract and, as far as I know, this is where I shall be.

Meanwhile, Bobby Zamora says he was forced to put inhabitant seductiveness initial when he finished the preference to order himself out of row for Englands World Cup squad.

The Fulham strikers considerable form this deteriorate had bearing him in to Capellos plans until he suffered an Achilles damage last month.

Capello had dictated to embody Zamora in the subject to 30-man World Cup squad declared on Tuesday, with the 29-year-old on march to have his England debut opposite Mexico on May 24.

But wanting pain-killing injections to play, Zamora was forced to concur that he would not redeem in time and sensitive the England manager.

I told Fabio that I was struggling and I knew that, had I gone, I wouldnt have finished myself or England justice, he said. It was a corner preference finished by myself, Capello, the healing group and Englands healing team.

The World Cups a large tournament. Its not about myself, the about England. Capello wished me all the best, hoped that I get fit and would be available subsequent season. You could see last night I was struggling to play.

Zamora, who limped by 54 mins of last nights better by Atletico, admits the finish of his World Cup ambitions is tough to stomach.

Its one of those things, the come at a bad time and the last five weeks have been distressing for me, he added. Its been an up and down deteriorate because the been so great on the representation and Ive scored a little critical goals. To right away collect up this damage has kicked me in the teeth.

Its come during the last integrate of weeks and when there was the probability of going to the World Cup with England. Thats football, the a vicious game. Just see at us losing this last in the last integrate of minutes.

Zamora was obviously off the gait at the Hamburg Arena and expects to go underneath the surgeons blade subsequent week.

I was struggling but I was unfortunate to play, he said. It was hold and go for me to have the last but the a vital contest and Ive worked all season to get there so I longed for to fool around a little part.

I was unhappy to come off but it was the right preference to get a little fresh legs on. Im going to weigh all up with the healing group right away but it looks similar to I competence need a teenager operation.

The preference will be finished over the subsequent day or dual but the operation is pencilled in for a weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment